Narratives in a Digital Age
Los Angeles Times Book Festival at USC This Weekend
Panels to attend related to our discussions:
- 4:30 p.m. in Norris Theater: “Narrative in a Digital Age” (Panel 1055): With Mark Bryant, Jay Caspian King, Jacob Lewis, Evan Ratliff. Moderated by David Ulin.
- 11:25 a.m. in Hoffman Hall: “Future Books: Media in the Digital Age” (Panel 2142): With Steve Anderson, Anne Balsamo, and Catherine Quinlan, moderated by Holly Willis.Other panels related to publishing, narrative nonfiction/literary journalism (just to name a few!):SATURDAY:
- 12:30 p.m. “Susan Orlean in Conversation with Michael Silverblatt
- 2 p.m. “Nonfiction: Narrating Disaster: With Joel Achenbach, Robert Scheer, Amy Wilentz (of UC Irvine Literary Journalism Program), moderated by Barry Siegel (director of UC Irvine Literary Journalism Program).
- 4:30 p.m. “Publishing Nuts & Bolts”SUNDAY:
- 11 a.m. “Nonfiction: Reporting the Arts”
- 12 p.m. “Nonfiction: The Art of Immerson”
- 12 p.m. “Nonfiction: The Elbow of Justice”
- 1 p.m. “History: The American Dream”
- 2 p.m. “Publishing: Rewriting the Rules”
- 2 p.m. “Nonfiction: We Built This City”
- 2 p.m. “Nonfiction: Surveillance & Secrets”
- 4 p.m. “Publishing A-Z”
I’ll be taking my “little sister” mentee to this. She loves the “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” series. She’s already looking forward to purchasing the “make it yourself” book, which apparently guides you in making your own diary. I love it!